People & Operations Intern
Praytell is a modern communications agency… and we’re shaking things up. Our perspective is this: social media and PR work best when they work together. Take that concept, root it in strategic and creative thinking, and what you have is a digital PR agency that’s doing things differently. We're looking for a people and operations intern to support employee and guest experiences across all offices from our headquarters in Brooklyn. This is a non-exempt position reporting into our Vice President of People and Operations.
People & Operations Intern
Part time (with the opportunity to be hired full time)
We’re equally committed to our amazing client partners (partners being the key word), weird and wonderful employees (especially our interns) and community. Everyday, we come to work excited to service a broad range of industries (from beer to tech) with a diverse spectrum of services from media relations to creative big ideas to paid and analytics. We’re proud to say we have a few badges of honor, including PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (five years running) and two-time Agency of the Year – NBD.
We take the responsibility of caring for our employees seriously and are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all human people at our company and do not discriminate. Period. All qualified applicants will receive consideration in accordance with federal law requirements, and because it’s the right thing to do. We also comply with the applicable state and local law governing non-discrimination in employment in every single one of our locations. And we prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class, because duh.
- Fulfilling equipment and supplies needs across locations from computers to snacks and more
- Helping all office operations run smoothly by researching local vendors and partnerships that could make the experience in our office the best it can be
- Supporting the people team with weekly and bi-weekly submissions to our parent company
- Managing employee requests related to emails, subscriptions and access to tools
- Coordinating purchasing for gifts, travel and other employee or client gestures
- Participating in agency event planning from impromptu lunches to our annual company offsite
- Assisting with monthly expense processes
- Occasionally acting as our receptionist ensuring all guests are welcomed and deliveries are managed
Flexible and Adaptable: You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done! You understand that you may be required to work irregular hours as dictated by client deliverables. You’re willing to jump in and help others no matter the task or level.
Collaborative Spirit: You’re a team player and understand how you can support your teammates. While you can work individually as well, you’re able to collaborate with your colleagues and peers to deliver the best work possible learning from those around you along the way.
Proactivity and Initiative: You’re excited to learn new skills and raise your hand for new projects. You’re curious and don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Read all about what a day in the life of a proactive intern is like here.
Creative Thinker: You love coming up with new and fresh ways to do the same ol’ stuff. Whether it’s a tired snack order or a carnival day, you are excited to pitch fun and creative experiences for our employees.
Ethics and Integrity: You approach all work ethically and honestly, setting an example for your colleagues. You do the right thing, even when it’s hard taking responsibility and being accountable for actions and apply these standards to those around you.