Praytell is a modern communications agency…and we’re shaking things up. Our perspective is this: social media and PR work best when they work together. Take that concept, root it in strategic and creative thinking, and what you have is a digital PR agency that’s doing things differently.
We’re equally committed to our amazing client partners (partners being the key word), weird and wonderful employees and community. Everyday, we come to work excited to service a broad range of industries (from beer to tech) with a diverse spectrum of services from media relations to creative big ideas to paid and analytics. We’re proud to say we have a few badges of honor, including PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (four years running) and two-time Agency of the Year – NBD.
We’re looking for a Media Strategist to join our San Francisco team. Our dream person is a passionate, creative thinker who’s excited about the future of public relations and a superstar when it comes to getting hits. In an employer, this person is looking for leaders who care, the opportunity to work with a growing company, and a team that knows balance is everything.
- Supporting media and account teams with PR strategies that drive earned media
- Developing creative pitch angles and story ideas for agency clients
- Drafting media materials including pitches, media lists and internal and client updates
- Identifying and proactively pitching media opportunities for various accounts
- Fielding incoming media opportunities and developing strategies to convert coverage
- Balancing multiple client requests across internal agency teams
- Serving as a media advocate and proactively sharing updates on the changing media landscape
- Building lasting relationships with journalists and media tastemakers
- Supporting ongoing growth of the media department
- At least 1-3 years experience in PR, communications, storytelling or client services (established media relationships and agency experience a plus)
- Passionate about landing compelling and impactful media coverage
- Creative thinker who asks smart questions
- Strong research, writing and media relations skills
- Multi-tasker extraordinaire with experience managing details, time and deadlines across multiple accounts
- Organized in an awesome (maybe scary) way
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills among media, teammates and clients
- Ability to build long term relationships
- Ready to learn, eager to try and always leading with optimism
- Energy for greater good work
- Curious, genuine, honest, supportive and kind
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all human people at our company and do not discriminate. Period.