Praytell is a modern communications agency… and we’re shaking things up. Our perspective is this: social media and PR work best when they work together. Take that concept, root it in strategic and creative thinking, and what you have is a digital PR agency that’s doing things differently.
Praytell is looking for a Finance intern to support the finance team based in our Brooklyn office from Jan to May 2020. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
We’re equally committed to our amazing client partners (partners being the key word), weird and wonderful employees (especially our interns) and community. Everyday, we come to work excited to service a broad range of industries (from beer to tech) with a diverse spectrum of services from media relations to creative big ideas to paid and analytics. We’re proud to say we have a few badges of honor, including PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (five years running) and two-time Agency of the Year – NBD.
We take the responsibility of caring for our employees seriously and are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all human people at our company and do not discriminate. Period. All qualified applicants will receive consideration in accordance with federal law requirements, and because it’s the right thing to do. We also comply with the applicable state and local law governing non-discrimination in employment in every single one of our locations. And we prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class, because duh.
As a Finance Intern you will be:
- Managing accounts payable inbox, working with account leads on invoice approvals, coding and processing vendor invoices for payment through our invoice portal
- Handling vendor management including setting up new vendors (collecting paperwork from necessary parties), following up on payment status, communicating with vendors, etc.
- Supporting month-end accounting close, including running the monthly client sales reconciliation for accounting/treasury department, pulling expense reports for costs and combining excel workbooks to pull it all together
- Assisting in uploading monthly billing invoices into the accounting system
- Utilizing our resource tool to open new client projects and close completed ones as well as handle any transfers between projects or cost centers
- Pullin monthly rent invoices to send to the accounting department, and daily cash receipts from bank accounts to send to treasury
- Forwarding expense reports to appropriate team leaders from our finance system for approvals
General Accounting Knowledge: Someone who likes to work with numbers and has a general knowledge of accounting principles. Proficiency in Excel is a must and experience working with accounting systems (like Concur, Quickbooks, Oracle, etc.) is a plus! Bonus points if you’re an accounting major and even better if you have familiarity with how it works within an agency.
Curious and Proactive: You’re excited to learn new skills and raise your hand for new projects. You’re curious and don’t hesitate to ask any questions. You’re a quick learner and a problem solver!
Flexible and Adaptable: You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done! You have the ability to organize and prioritize needs month to month. You’re willing to jump in and help others no matter the task or level.
Ethics and Integrity: You approach all work ethically and honestly, setting an example for your colleagues. You do the right thing, even when it’s hard taking responsibility and being accountable for actions and apply these standards to those around you.