Praytell is a modern communications agency… and we’re shaking things up. Our perspective is this: social media and PR work best when they work together. Take that concept, root it in strategic and creative thinking, and what you have is a digital agency that’s doing things differently. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all human people at our company and do not discriminate. Period.
Public Relations & Social Media Intern
We’re equally committed to our amazing client partners (partners being the key word), weird and wonderful employees, and community. Everyday, we come to work excited to service a broad range of industries (from beer to technology), with a diverse spectrum of services from media relations to creative big ideas to paid and analytics. We’re proud to say we have a few badges of honor, including PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (four years running – since we were founded!) and Agency of the Year – NBD.
We’re looking for savvy, passionate, creative thinkers eager to shape the future of public relations and social media, and excited to work with a team dedicated to delivering great work, side by side with full time employees, and learning every single day.
The internship is paid ($13.25/hr), snacks are plentiful and we have office dogs aplenty! We offer interns dedicated trainings to learn the skills they need to succeed in our industry, hands-on experience with clients and consistent feedback.
Below are more details on the internship role. If you’re interested, send us an email atjobsLA@praytellstrategy.com with one Tweet (280 characters) and one media headline that describes why you’re the perfect candidate, and please attach your resume. Funny GIFs and stand-out subject lines are also encouraged.
- Monitoring and tracking media coverage for client reporting
- Creating and maintaining media lists, speaking and awards calendars and other ongoing programs
- Researching influencers, competitors, audiences and anything that will help your team be smarter
- Supporting report monthly reporting and campaign wrap up reports
- Attending and setting up for client events as needed
- Drafting social media content across platforms and engaging with your brand’s online communities
- Working on 3-4 account teams completing tasks concurrently, managing time and supporting the team
- Collaborating with departments and peers to support agency wide projects
- Occasionally be the subject of our Snapchats and Instagrams (You’ve been warned)
- Must live in or around LA and be able to come into our office in Hollywood at least 4-5 days per week
- Can commit to a minimum of about 35 hours per week
- Are a junior or senior undergraduate or recent graduate
- Ideally you should be 21+ since we work with a lot of beer clients and hold team activities involving alcohol
- An experienced social media user (tell us your Twitter handle and we promise we’ll only creep on you a little bit)
- Strong interest in learning about, and working in, the public relations and social media industries
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape and obsessive attention to detail
- Have an understanding of AP style and have developed written skills
- Like working independently and collaboratively
- Are committed to meeting deadlines and can manage time to ensure delivery
- Cision / Muck Rack experience is preferred, although not mandatory
- Can start in mid August 2018 and be with us through mid or end of December 2018 (but we can work with you on specific start/end dates).
Join our teamApply Now