Praytell is a modern communications agency… and we’re shaking things up. Our perspective is this: social media and PR work best when they work together. Take that concept, root it in strategic and creative thinking, and what you have is a digital agency that’s doing things differently. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all human people at our company and do not discriminate. Period.
Public Relations & Social Media Intern
We’re equally committed to our amazing client partners (partners being the key word), weird and wonderful employees, and community. Everyday, we come to work excited to service a broad range of industries (from beer to technology), with a diverse spectrum of services from media relations to creative big ideas to paid and analytics. We’re proud to say we have a few badges of honor, including PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (four years running – since we were founded!) and Agency of the Year many times – NBD.
We’re looking for savvy, passionate, creative thinkers eager to shape the future of public relations and social media, and excited to work with a team dedicated to delivering great work, side by side with full time employees, and learning every single day.
The internship is a paid opportunity ($12/hr), with a flexible schedule. We offer interns dedicated trainings to learn the skills they need to succeed in our industry, hands-on experience with clients and consistent feedback. Free snacks, too!
Below are more details on the internship role. If you’re interested, send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org that tells us why you’re the right person to join us on this incredible journey in 280 characters (GIFs = bonus).
- Monitoring and tracking media coverage for client reporting
- Creating and maintaining media lists, speaking and awards calendars and other ongoing programs
- Researching influencers, competitors, audiences and anything that will help your team be smarter
- Supporting report monthly reporting and campaign wrap up reports
- Attending and setting up for client events as needed
- Drafting social media content across platforms and engaging with your brand’s online communities
- Working on 3-4 account teams completing tasks concurrently, managing time and supporting the team
- Collaborating with departments and peers to support agency wide projects
- Occasionally be the subject of our Snapchats and Instagrams (You’ve been warned)
- Have at least one year of general work experience (any business or industry will do, but social media or communications would be a plus)
- Must live in or around Chicago and be able to come into our office in Fulton Market at least 4-5 days per week
- Can commit to a minimum of about 35 hours per week
- Are a junior or senior undergraduate or recent graduate
- An experienced social media user (tell us your Twitter handle and we promise we’ll only creep on you a little bit)
- Are plugged into pop culture from news and viral videos to top influencers and celebrities
- Have an understanding of AP style and have developed written skills
- Like working independently and collaboratively
- Are committed to meeting deadlines and can manage time to ensure delivery
- Can start mid to late August 2018 and be with us through mid or end of December 2018 (but we can work with you on specific start/end dates)
Join our teamApply Now