Praytell is a modern communications agency, blending social media with PR and PR with social. Take that concept, root it in strategic and creative thinking, and what you have is a digital agency that’s doing things differently.
Public Relations Intern
30 Hours Per Week
We’re looking for sharp, passionate, creative thinkers eager to shape the future of public relations and excited to work side-by-side with a team dedicated to delivering great work. Our motto is “do the right thing,” and it applies to all things: our work, partners and clients, teammates, babies, and dogs.
The internship is a paid opportunity ($14/hr) from 1/7/2019 to 5/19/19 with flexible start and end dates, as well as schedules you can set (30-35 hours per week). We offer interns dedicated trainings in PR and all our departments (strategy, social, creative, and everything in between) to learn the skills they need to succeed in a digitally-savvy industry, hands-on experience with clients and consistent feedback. We always look to our interns first when fulfilling full-time roles and did we mention free snacks?
- Pitching – from conceptualizing and writing pitches to creating media lists and reaching out.
- Researching new audiences, compiling audits, and sharing relevant news to keep our team smart. We need your fresh + new perspectives.
- Organizing client event logistics as needed.
- Monitoring coverage for client reporting, monthly reports and campaign recaps.
- Working hand-in-hand on 4-5 account teams completing tasks concurrently, managing time and supporting team members.
- Collaborating with departments and peers to support agency wide projects.
- Occasionally be the subject of our Instagrams, blogs, videos and spotlights (You’ve been warned).
- Have at least one year of general work experience (any business or industry will do, but PR, media or communications would be a plus).
- Strong interest in learning about, and working in, the public relations industry.
- Must live in or around Austin and be able to come into our office 4-5 days per week.
- Can commit to a 30-35 hours per week.
- Natural problem solver (because every problem has a solution).
- Have an understanding of AP style and have developed written skills.
- Works independently and collaboratively.
- Committed to meeting deadlines and can manage time to ensure delivery.
Join our teamApply Now