Public Relations Intern
Praytell is a modern communications agency, blending social media with PR and PR with social. Take that concept, root it in strategic and creative thinking, and what you have is a digital agency that’s doing things differently.
We’re looking for sharp, passionate, creative thinkers who are eager to craft the future of public relations and excited to work side-by-side with a team dedicated to delivering phenomenal work. Our motto is “do the right thing,” and it applies to all things: our work, partners and clients, teammates, babies, and dogs.
The internship is a paid opportunity ($15/hr) from Tuesday, 5/14/2019 to Friday, 8/30/19 with flexible start and end dates, as well as schedules you can set (30-35 hours per week). We offer interns dedicated trainings in PR and all our departments (strategy, social, creative, and everything in between) to learn the skills they need to succeed in a digitally-savvy industry, hands-on experience with clients and consistent feedback.
- Assigned to account teams, but encouraged to jump in on tasks across the agency when colleagues need help
- Tracking media coverage, and supporting monthly and campaign reports
- Conducting media relations from start to finish
- Creating and maintaining documents such as media lists, speaking and awards calendars and media audits
- Researching influencers, competitors, target audiences, news trends and other relevant information that will help your team be smarter
- Executing media mailers for clients by managing logistics and sharing updates
- Attending, setting up for, and taking notes during internal weekly meetings, client status meetings, brainstorms and more
- Occasionally supporting on site at client events
- The subject of our Instagrams, blogs, videos and spotlights (You’ve been warned).
- You are entering your senior year at a university and have at least one year of general work experiences (any business or industry will do, but PR, media or communications would be a plus).
- Strong interest in learning about, and working in, the public relations industry.
- Live in or around San Francisco and be able to come into our office 4-5 days per week.
- Can commit to a 30-35 hours per week.
- Natural problem solver (because every problem has a solution).
- Have an understanding of AP style and have developed written skills.
- Works independently and collaboratively.
- Committed to meeting deadlines and can manage time to ensure delivery.