Do you want to work with one of the top three major social media platforms of our time? Are you super savvy with Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram and love to geek out on how brands use social media to communicate with fans and communities? Do you love watching YouTube and other internet videos?
If you said yes to these questions, Praytell is looking for you! Praytell is looking for a social media intern with 1-2 years general work experience, ideally in a related field. This is a four-month long, paid internship with the potential to be hired as a full time position after completion.
A little about us. We're one the fastest growing agencies in the US, headquartered in Brooklyn with outposts in San Francisco, Austin, Chicago and LA (you’ll be joining the San Francisco team). You’ll be working with seasoned agency professionals who’ve led some of the largest social brand campaigns out there as well as colleagues committed to mentorship and career development. In addition to being PR Week’s Best Place to Work two years running, we offer a flexible work environment with amazing people and a kitchen filled with all the best snacks.
Additional Benefits: Individualized trainings, hands on experience with real clients and brands, and the chance to be a part of a dedicated focused team led by industry professionals. If you’re ready to geek out on social media, watch and track the most popular videos online, and regularly use Twitter at a startup with incredible clients, infectious energy and eyes on global domination (while still being decent and interesting people) then shoot us an email. Or a Tweet. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org that tells us why you're the right person to join us on this incredible journey (GIFs = bonus points). And like any good pitch, the subject line matters, big time.
Social Media Strategy Intern
Part-time (32 hours max)
San Francisco, CA
June 1, 2017
End of August/early Sept 2017 (flexible)
- Interested in gaining experience working with one of the top three major social media platforms in the world.
- An experienced Twitter and YouTube user (must have your own Twitter account and include your handle in your cover letter).
- Love to geek out about the latest viral videos on social media as well as the top Digital/Video Creators.
- Interested in monitoring and tracking media coverage for client reporting and engaging with our client’s online social media communities.
- Able or willing to learn how to draft social content (Tweets, Facebook posts, Instagram posts) as well as curate interesting social media content.
- A smart, self-driven, critical thinker preferably with a background in social media or communications.
- Have had 1-2 years of general work experience and know how to operate in a business environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills with understanding of AP Style.
- Strong knowledge of popular culture and obsessive attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet stated deadlines.
- A personality that thrives with a lively culture that is sometimes super low-key start-up, sometimes surprisingly a formal and buttoned up affair.
- Must be a Senior or recent college graduate available Monday through Friday for a minimum of 3 hours each day and a maximum of 32 hours per week for four months.
- Available to start end of May or early June 2017.