Praytell, Los Angeles, CA
Winter’s almost here and Praytell is looking for interns to join our award-winning modern communications agency in our Los Angeles office.
Our perspective is this: social media and PR work the best when they work together. Take that concept, root it in strategic and creative thinking, and what you have is a digital agency that’s doing things differently. We’re committed to our amazing client partners (partners being the key word) just as much as our weird and wonderful employees and our community. Everyday we come to work excited to service a broad range of industries from beer to technology, with a diverse spectrum of services from media relations to creative big ideas to paid and analytics.
We're a rapidly growing crew with offices in San Francisco, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, and Austin with PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (three years running), PRWeek’s Small Agency of the Year, and Holmes Best New Agency awards under our belt.
To support our growing team, we’re looking for savvy, passionate, creative thinkers motivated to be involved in the future of public relations and social media, and excited to work with a team dedicated to delivering great work, side by side with full time employees, and learning every single day. Also must be interested in global domination.
The internship is paid ($13/hr), snacks are plentiful and we have office dogs aplenty! If you're looking for a stuffy, rigid, do-your-work-don't-ask-questions type of an experience, this ain't it. We offer hands-on experience, trainings and feedback to help you grow into your career.
Below are more details and if you’re interested, send us an email at internLA@praytellstrategy.com with one Tweet (280 characters) and one media headline that describes why you’re the perfect candidate, and please attach your resume. Funny GIFs and stand-out subject lines are also encouraged.
Public Relations & Social Media Intern
Los Angeles, CA
- Monitoring and tracking media coverage for client reporting
- Creating and maintaining media lists, speaking and awards calendars and other ongoing programs
- Researching influencers, competitors, audiences and anything that will help your team be smarter
- Supporting report monthly reporting and campaign wrap up reports
- Attending and setting up for client events as needed
- Drafting social media content across platforms and engaging with your brand’s online communities
- Working on 3-4 account teams completing tasks concurrently, managing time and supporting the team
- Collaborating with departments and peers to support agency wide projects
- General administrative responsibilities (this doesn’t mean getting coffee, but we all pitch in to help out with smaller tasks around the office).
- Occasionally be the subject of our Snapchats and Instagrams (You've been warned)
- Are a junior or senior undergraduate or recent college graduate.
- Must live in or around LA and be able to come into our office in Hollywood at least 4-5 days per week (committing to work at least ~35 hours per week).
- Ideally you should be 21+ since we work with a lot of beer clients and hold team activities involving alcohol.
- Have at least 1 year of general work experience (any business or industry will do, but social media or communications would be a plus).
- Experienced social media user (tell us your Twitter handle and we promise we’ll only creep on you a little bit).
- Plugged into pop culture from news and viral videos to top influencers and celebrities
- Cision/Muck Rack experience is preferred, although not mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape and obsessive attention to detail.
- Have an understanding of AP style and have developed written skills.
- Interest in helping to develop consumer-facing traditional/digital media campaigns and the strategy behind them.
- Work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Committed to meeting deadlines and can manage time to ensure delivery.
- Can start in mid-December 2017 and be with us through April/May-ish (but we can work with you on specific start/end dates).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all human people at our company and do not discriminate. Period.