Praytell, Chicago, IL
Praytell is a modern communications agency… and we’re shaking things up. Our perspective is this: social media and PR work best when they work together. Take that concept, root it in strategic and creative thinking, and what you have is a digital agency that’s doing things differently.
We’re equally committed to our amazing client partners (partners being the key word), weird and wonderful employees, and community. Everyday, we come to work excited to service a broad range of industries (from beer to technology), with a diverse spectrum of services from media relations to creative big ideas to paid and analytics. We’re proud to say we have a few badges of honor, including PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (four years running - since we were founded!) and Agency of the Year - NBD.
We’re looking for savvy, passionate, creative thinkers eager to shape the future of public relations and social media, and excited to work with a team dedicated to delivering great work, side by side with full time employees, and learning every single day.
The internship is a paid opportunity ($12/hr), with a flexible schedule you can set. We offer interns dedicated trainings to learn the skills they need to succeed in our industry, hands-on experience with clients and consistent feedback. Free snacks, too!
Below are more details on the internship role. If you're interested, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org that tells us why you're the right person to join us on this incredible journey in 280 characters (GIFs = bonus).
Public Relations & Social Media Intern
- Monitoring and tracking media coverage for client reporting
- Creating and maintaining media lists, speaking and awards calendars and other ongoing programs
- Researching influencers, competitors, audiences and anything that will help your team be smarter
- Supporting report monthly reporting and campaign wrap up reports
- Attending and setting up for client events as needed
- Drafting social media content across platforms and engaging with your brand’s online communities
- Working on 4-5 account teams completing tasks concurrently, managing time and supporting the team
- Collaborating with departments and peers to support agency wide projects
- Occasionally be the subject of our Snapchats and Instagrams (You've been warned)
- Have at least one year of general work experience (any business or industry will do, but social media or communications would be a plus)
- Must live in or around Chicago and be able to come into our office in Fulton Market at least 4-5 days per week
- Can commit to a minimum of about 35 hours per week
- Are a junior or senior undergraduate or recent graduate
- An experienced social media user (tell us your Twitter handle and we promise we’ll only creep on you a little bit)
- Strong interest in learning about, and working in, the public relations and social media industries
- Are plugged into pop culture from news and viral videos to top influencers and celebrities
- Have an understanding of AP style and have developed written skills
- Like working independently and collaboratively
- Are committed to meeting deadlines and can manage time to ensure delivery
- Can start in early or mid May 2018 and be with us through mid or end of August 2018 (but we can work with you on specific start/end dates)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all human people at our company and do not discriminate. Period.