Internship, June - September 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Marketing, Social Media, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, English
Summer's almost here and Praytell is looking for interns to join our award-winning creative communications agency.
We're a rapidly growing crew with offices in San Francisco, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, and Austin, with PRWeek’s Small Agency of the Year, Holmes Best New Agency and PRWeek’s Best Places to Work awards under our belt. We've got killer client partners, culture you can’t beat and serious momentum.
To support our growing team, we’re looking to hire an intern who is available at least 3 days per week starting in June. Our ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of general work experience (PR & social media experience preferred), is a fast learner, interested in an evolving communications landscape and greets each day with a positive attitude. The internship is paid ($13/hr), office snacks are plentiful and we have office dogs aplenty! If you're looking for a stuffy, rigid, do-your-work-don't-ask-questions type of an experience, this ain't it. We offer hands-on experience, trainings and feedback to help you grow into your career.
Check out the fine print below, and hit us up if we’re speaking your language!
- Comprehensive media coverage tracking and reporting on active projects.
- Extensive media research and media list building.
- Assistance on press material drafting and editing (press releases, pitches, bios, op eds, etc).
- Support both our current clients and the development of new business proposals and pitches by participating in creative idea development.
- Onsite support at events.
- General administrative responsibilities (this doesn’t mean getting coffee, but just a note we all pitch in to help out with smaller tasks around the office).
- Oh, and you'll occasionally be the subject of our Snapchats and Instagrams. You've been warned.
- Must be a Senior or have graduated college already.
- Ideally you should be 21+ since we work with a lot of beer clients.
- A personality who thrives with our specific culture – sometimes super low-key start-up, sometimes a surprisingly formal and buttoned up affair.
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape and obsessive attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills with understanding of AP Style.
- Interest in helping to develop consumer-facing media campaigns and the strategy behind them.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks to meet stated deadlines.
- Must live in or around LA and be able to come into our office in Hollywood during the week.
- Cision/Muck Rack experience is preferred, although not mandatory.
- Media list building skills are strongly preferred
Feedback from our past interns
"The fact that I had real responsibility surprised me. I was granted tasks that had a very real impact on client relationships. I was over-the-moon that my co-workers trusted me enough to not destroy anything!"
"I really loved that I was included in the brainstorming process. It was cool to see ideas from a board turn into something active. I never felt like “just an intern” here. I also love the company culture. I’ve never been in a workplace that was filled with so much laughter and support."
"This internship was so unlike 99.99% of internships. Every day that I came in, I left feeling happy that someone trusted me to work on something that really mattered or spent the time teaching me about something new."
Email internLA@praytellstrategy.com with one Tweet and one media headline that describes why you’re the perfect candidate, and please attach your resume. Funny GIFs and stand-out subject lines are also encouraged.